Equine Assisted Activities and Therapies
Equine Assisted Activities and Therapies (EAAT) have been proven to improve muscle tone, balance, posture, coordination and motor development as well as emotional well-being in individuals with a variety of both physical and cognitive special needs.
Set in the beautiful surroundings of Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, Wish Upon a Horse Therapeutic Riding Center serves children and adults with special needs in the Hilton Head area of Beaufort County, South Carolina. Our program serves individuals from the local community as well as visitors and their families seeking to combine the therapeutic riding experience with other amenities Hilton Head has to offer. Wish Upon a Horse hopes to enhance the well-being, both mentally and physically, of our participants by providing a safe, therapeutic and fulfilling activity.
- Lessons are offered FREE of charge to all of our participants, regardless of means
- Lessons are available on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays
- Lessons are typically offered in a group format and riders are paired with other riders of similar age and skill-level
- WUAH runs three 8-week sessions throughout the academic year, one in the fall, one in the winter, and one in the spring
- We also run individual lessons in the summer for visitors to the island
- Please apply at least two weeks in advance of when you would like to ride
Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship
Wish Upon a Horse has been a member of the Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship (PATH) International since 2011. As a PATH member center, WUAH follows strict standards and guidelines that ensure the safety of our riders and equines and the quality of our lesson program. All of our instructors are PATH certified and participate in PATHS continuing education programs such as annual conferences and clinics to maintain their skills and keep up with the latest advances in EAAT. For more information on PATH, please click HERE.